Vision & Machine Learning Summer Intern
Montreal, Quebec, CanadaInformation Technology & Software Release
We are looking for a computer vision and machine learning undergraduate/graduate student to work at Airy3D inc. during summer 2023. You will be involved in a project that will develop applications for our innovative 3D sensor and platforms using our sensor. If you have interest and experience in 3D, computational imaging, machine learning, robotics, and developing API interfaces, you’ll love working with our team.
If you’re excited about gaining experience in a dynamic start-up environment and contributing to the development of a new sensor technology, then this is the perfect opportunity for you. This internship has the potential to grow into a part-time or permanent position after graduation.
Who are we and what do we do?
We are a Montreal based startup that has a passion for developing solutions at the intersection of 2D imaging and depth. AIRY3D has developed DepthIQ, a 3D computer vision platform that consists of a Transmissive Diffraction Mask and computational imaging software that can give any CMOS image sensor the ability to provide depth information. Check out airy3d.com and our YouTube channel for examples of our technology’s capabilities.
What will you do?
- Help integrate and test high-level applications using depth and machine learning to demonstrate potential applications in robotics, IoT, AR/VR, automotive, and industrial applications.
- Help develop and optimize computer vision and machine learning algorithms.
- Contribute to the capture, preprocessing, and testing the captured data for ML training.
- Work closely with both our product and R&D teams to strengthen our 3D imaging technology
What’s it like working in our team?
We believe in creating disruptive technology in a workplace with great work ethics. We truly enjoy what we are doing and the diversity of those we work with all while having fun and not taking ourselves too seriously!
What do you need to have?
- Enrolled in a bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, physics or engineering.
- Strong C/C++ or Python project experience (and examples) with advanced programming skills.
- Experience developing software in the Image Processing and/or Computer Vision domains.
- Experience computer vision applications using on deep learning approaches.
- Comfortable working collaboratively on a team.
- Experience with OpenCV, projects involving depth and 3D sensors.
- Cool multi-disciplinary side projects!