Software Summer Intern
Montreal, Quebec, CanadaInformation Technology & Software Release
We are looking for an intern or co-op student that is currently enrolled in a computer science, mathematics, physics or engineering degree to join our team during the summer 2023 term. This intern or co-op will help us develop applications for our innovative 3D sensor and platforms using our sensor. If you have interest and experience in 3D, computational imaging, robotics, and developing API interfaces, you’ll love working with our team.
If you’re excited about gaining experience in a dynamic start-up environment and contributing to the development of a new sensor technology, then this is the perfect opportunity for you. This internship has the potential to grow into a part-time or permanent position after graduation.
What will you do?
As a generalist Software Developer with strong software project experience, you will help develop, maintain, and test our core software and applications, while using best practices for software engineering and agile software development. You will be on the Software Engineering team and will work closely with our Machine Learning R&D, Embedded applications, and Optics teams to create proof-of-concept applications that leverage our core software API.
- Help integrate and test high-level applications using depth to demonstrate potential applications in robotics, IoT, AR/VR, automotive, and industrial applications.
- Help develop and optimize computer vision algorithms.
- Contribute to the architecture, development, and maintenance of our internal test-bed applications and our SDK.
- Profile software to identify bottlenecks and implement creative solutions to improve performance.
- Design and implement user interfaces for demonstrating our technology.
What’s it like working in our team?
We believe in creating disruptive technology in a workplace with great work ethics. We truly enjoy what we are doing and the diversity of those we work with while having fun and not taking ourselves too seriously!
Software developers are expected to be comfortable with a mix of working remotely as well as on-site when necessary.
What do you need to have?
- Enrolled in a bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, physics or engineering.
- Strong C/C++ or Python project experience (and examples) with advanced programming skills.
- Experience developing software in the Image Processing and/or Computer Vision domains.
- Ability to work on-site in our Montreal office if necessary.
- Adept at programming in both Windows as well as Linux environments.
- Comfortable working collaboratively on a team.
- Experience with OpenCV, OpenCL, CUDA, projects involving depth and 3D sensors.
- Familiarity with various image formats and readouts.
- Embedded experience (Raspberry Pi, Arduino, for example).
- Strong experience developing User Interfaces.
- Good knowledge of testing procedures, unit testing, regression, test automation.
- Cool multi-disciplinary side projects!