Senior Project Manager
RemoteCanada, Quebec, MontrealManagement
AIRY3D has a great opportunity for someone with experience coordinating a mix of both short- and long-term hardware-enabled software projects to enable our transition from a start-up focused on technology development to a business licensing IP for commercial deployment.
As our Senior Project Manager, you will leverage your understanding of our business priorities and technical challenges to plan, communicate, track and manage multiple projects, coordinating milestones and status with our strategic partners.
Who are we and what do we do?
We have a passion for developing solutions at the intersection of 2D imaging and depth. AIRY3D has developed DepthIQ™, a 3D computer vision platform that consists of a Transmissive Diffraction Mask and computational imaging software that can give any CMOS image sensor the ability to provide depth information. Check out airy3d.com and our YouTube channel for more details.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced professional with demonstrated skills in issue tracking and project management tool sets such as JIRA and Confluence to refine and extend our current processes, ensuring that everyone from individuals to key stakeholders – internally and externally – has a clear understanding of overall milestones, status, and their role in our mutual success.
Our work is highly cross-functional, and this role is key to the various disciplines working smoothly together. Exemplary communication skills, a deep understanding of technical project management, and been-there/done-that experience in software release planning using Agile, Kanban and Phase/Gate methodologies are all essential, as is collaborating with our ecosystem partners.
As we bring our technology to market, discipline, focus and frequent adjustments based on reality checks will be required.
What you will do:
- Leverage existing processes and/or champion new methodologies to manage project quality, risk, timelines, dependencies and contentions between projects, clearly documenting and communicating status.
- Coordinate weekly status reviews with external stakeholders and collaborators.
- Understand and document requirements and integration points, remove ambiguity and resolve uncertainty.
- Support project estimation process with key contributors to help define scope and prepare statements of work, including tasks, deliverables, milestones, resources, and estimated costs.
- Work with other Engineering Leads to ensure all deliverables meet expectations.
- Manage priorities across multiple projects.
- Act as the central point of contact for each assigned project, capture and communicate experiences in retrospectives, champion lessons learned and best practices to other projects.
- Serve as a standard escalation point.
What you bring to our team
A foundational understanding of technical project management, an expert in software release planning, and extensive administrative-level experience in related agile tool sets such as JIRA, Confluence, and Git.
- 10+ years managing multiple software projects with hardware dependencies.
- 5+ years in a client-facing role.
- A solid and pragmatic understanding of Agile, Kanban and Phase/Gate.
- You know what good looks like when using tools such as Jira, Confluence, GitLab and Slack to ensure the state of all projects is well understood at all levels.
- Demonstrated skills in project management best practices (PMI certification optional).
- Knowledge of quality assurance / test suites, build & delivery management for software applications and APIs.
- Self-motivated individual with well-developed inter-personal & communication skills and a strong desire to succeed.
- Superb organizational skills with high attention to detail, and thoroughness.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to pro-actively identify and resolve or raise issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or equivalent experience.
- Team building and functional management skills.
- Experience with image sensors, robotics, machine learning, computer vision, or computer imaging.
What’s it like working in our team?
We believe in creating disruptive technology in a workplace with great work ethics. We truly enjoy what we are doing and the diversity of those we work with, all while having fun and not taking ourselves too seriously! We’re hybrid; work from home or in our vibrant Montreal (Mile End) location. We offer health insurance, stock options and a Team Incentive Plan.