RemoteCanada, Quebec, MontrealInformation Technology & Software Release
We’re looking for a unique individual for a multi-disciplinary technical position which will have important and broad impacts on our current and future business expansion. If you have a keen interest in the build and release process, are motivated by the challenge of delivering professional applications, can handle CMake like a pro and have a maker mentality, you should be very excited about this opportunity.
Who are we and what do we do?
We have a passion for developing solutions at the intersection of 2D imaging and depth. AIRY3D has developed DepthIQ™, a 3D computer vision platform that consists of a Transmissive Diffraction Mask and computational imaging software that can give any CMOS image sensor the ability to provide depth information.
What are we looking for?
As a Release Specialist, you will maintain, monitor and optimize the build and release process on multiple platforms. You will advise on and deploy new technologies required for our products, monitor and improve the performance of infrastructure systems, support Continuous Integration, and analyze the need for Continuous Deployment.
What you will do:
- Select, develop, and maintain repeatable build systems for C++ and Python source code base
- Build out and expand our CI/CD systems for multiple projects/releases
- Work with the QA team to increase automated testing
- Plan service capacity and spec new systems needed to meet growing demand
- Develop and articulate a robust release engineering strategy
- Resolve service problems for the systems you maintain
- Scale current infrastructure; help migrate to better platforms if needed
- Develop tools to assist other developers and researchers in their tasks
- Write maintainable, legible CI/CD and build related scripts
- Mentor and share knowledge with team members
What you bring to our team
This is a role where “been there / done that” experience matters.
- 5+ years experience administering and developing build and release processes
- High proficiency in a scripting language (Python, Bash, etc.)
- Understanding of C++ build toolchains and systems (CMake is a must)
- Understanding of static and dynamic library linking process.
- Ability to manage library interdependencies.
- Experience with CI services such as GitLab
- Proven track record of delivering reliable solutions
- Strong communication skills
- Real-world experience developing code in C++ and/or Python
- Understanding of software packaging and distribution solutions (cpack, deb)
- Ideas on how to streamline the software development lifecycle, and the ability to articulate those to the team and implement them as real practice
What’s it like working in our team?
We believe in creating disruptive technology in a workplace with great work ethics. We truly enjoy what we are doing and the diversity of those we work with, all while having fun and not taking ourselves too seriously! We offer a flexible schedule, vibrant Montreal (Mile End) location, health insurance, stock options and a Team Incentive Plan.